- 150g frozen raspberries
- 10ml water
- 75g castor sugar
- 30ml Cointreau
- 200g dark chocolate
- 45ml strong espresso (freshly brewed)
- 25g unsalted butter
- 25ml chocolate liqueur
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 300ml cream
- 80ml chocolate shavings
- Put raspberries in a saucepan with water and sugar.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes until thick.
- Stir in Cointreau.
- Spoon into 4 serving glasses.
- Allow to cool.
- Put chocolate, espresso and butter into a heatproof bowl, set over a small saucepan of steaming (not boiling) water and melt gently (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Stir occasionally, until it smooth, then remove bowl from the heat.
- Stir in the liqueur.
- Stir in the egg yolks, while the mixture is still hot - to cook them slightly.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks.
- Stir one large spoonful into chocolate mixture, using a metal spoon to loosen the mixture. Gently fold in the remainder.
- Spoon the mousse on top of the raspberry compote.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Top each one with 75ml cream.
Decorate with 20ml shavings of chocolate.
Refrigerate for another 2 hours before serving.