17 April 2016

Thank You Bouquets

Papier and Cakes' author has been dragged, kicking and screaming, into an unthinkable decade. For so many years I have been fabricating my age - occasionally forgetting how old I actually was at a given time.  Last year I "celebrated" a zero birthday; and whilst I was willing to enter it incognito, my friends, anxious for a party and another reason for a holiday get together, thought it was worth a party or two!!

Thank you friends and colleagues

Personally, it was an extremely well-timed celebration and I was overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit.  Standing at a precipice, toes hanging over a crumbling edge and nubilous eyes looking out onto a stormy, limitless ocean, I was in danger of falling - the vicissitudes of my life threatened to swallow me, although I didn't realise it until later.  


My sense of gratefulness was considerable, so I repaid them with all I had to offer - "time".

These box cards took a few days to make - as there were so many to create - but it was a necessary and cathartic exercise. Gratitude turns what we have into enough.

2 comments:

  1. Positively beautiful post B! Love it! Gorgeous box cards too! Can't wait to catch up and have a crafty 'play and giggle' together again!
    D.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, Deb.
    Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. B xx

    ReplyDelete