18 August 2013

My Home

I look upon my home with a combined contradiction of affection and antipathy.

Without exaggeration, the place manufactures its very own dust.  I can dust a table in the main living area and within an hour, I kid you not, the surface is covered with a light sprinkling of dust.  Leave this for a couple of days and visitors would be forgiven for thinking that they had stumbled onto the set of Great Expectations - enter Miss Havisham.
I am charming but sometimes I drive Mrs Papier crazy.
It's all very well to like the Shabby Chic effect that is seen in magazines and online until you are forced to live it.  I for one am a great fan of this style, ahem, check out my Pinterest Boards.  However, when actually living the Shabby Chic dream it somehow morphs into something more like Grubby Grot.  Speaking from experience.

There, I just had to get that off my chest.  Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment