13 April 2013

Christmas Leftovers

Well here it is, April, four months into the year with Christmas well and truly over and yet here I am talking about jingly projects made last year.  I found some "leftovers" whilst tidying up the craftroom over the recent Easter holiday break.  Here they are; luckily they're leftovers of the papier variety.


First is a giant bauble made with the generous and funny ladies of Scrappy Hollow at last year's Paperific Show.  It is a 3D creation and works perfectly as a decorative piece for the home; it's a little too large for the tree.
 
 
Another Christmas Decoration, this one made at my inspirational Stampin' Up meeting.  We meet once every two months and rotate the luxury of being hostess for the day.  Making the sparkling snowflakes using an adhesive sheet of papier was something completely new to me, as are most techniques that we tackle each meeting.  A suitably-sized square of the sticky sheet was stuck to the back of glimmer papier and then run through the Big Shot die cutter.  What emerged was a shimmering snowflake.  Just wonderful, particularly given that I adore the colour combination of deep red and chocolate brown.
 
 
A simple and yet entirely effective Christmas card.  One that can be "mass produced" for that time of the year when everything is "crazy" busy and greeting card requirements multiply exponentially.
 
 
I now feel a sense of relief that I have finally written a post about these treats.
Not too dissimilar from that feeling I have at the end of Christmas?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment