Altogether there are nine layers or elements in this handsome card.
- Start with a base card of white, or near white, 14.8 x 21cm, which you then score and fold in the centre.
- Then cut another piece of card in the same colour measuring (13.9 x 10cm) and emboss it.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper into a strip measuring 2.5 x 10cm; fray and ink the edges.
- Add a doilie that has been inked in two complementary colours.
- Cut out a large heart, emboss the entire piece, fray the edges and ink around the whole image.
- Cut a smaller heart, using the same patterned paper used in step 3, fray the edges and then ink them.
- Punch out a small butterfly, emboss it and attach to the larger heart. Place a pearl in the centre.
- Stamp a message on a strip of paper and ink it up slightly. Cut into the ends to form a banner and stress it out using a bone folder. Attach to the card in two places, making sure that it sits ups from the base of the card.
- Attach a flower, which has also been inked up and place a pearl in its centre.