08 January 2013

Altered Jigsaw Puzzle

A homework task was set for all members of the family as a prerequisite for entry on Christmas Day.  In October, each member of the family was given one (or in some cases two) pieces from an old jigsaw puzzle to change in some way.  For those of you interested in details, the puzzle was previously occupied by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
 
 
The puzzle pieces were then to be reunited on Christmas Day in their completely altered state.  We did request that the change somehow reflect the personality of the recipient in question.


I was overwhelmed by the amount of work put into the final pieces.  I would like to make particular mention of my sister and her husband; they spent, literally, hours honing their particular pieces of artwork.  My pieces, by comparison, were totally lack lustre and inadequate.  Most of us ended up with serious puzzle envy.


Behold!
What you see above is a timber hanger - fashioned from toothpicks
with a knitted (that's right knitted) piece of work hanging from it.
The sad piece to the right is mine (head cast downwards in shame).

3D cup with real tea leaves inside






This is how I kept track of each piece.
A legend of sorts with each participant's name
on their particular piece and a small hand-drawn picture
to help reunite the entire puzzle on the day.

Now to put my mind towards this year's challenge, hmmm, 'what shall it be' I wonder?


1 comment:

  1. I love it!! What a great family activity for us to be involved in :)
    Love A

    ReplyDelete