14 August 2012

Cute Box by Cute Dawn

There are many of us who suffer from the unfortunate fate of being born during the long, cold and miserable months of winter.  Just as I feel that a person's name can shape their destiny, so I feel that being born at a certain time of the year can shape your personality.


I made this for Maryanne, a work colleague, who like me, was born during chilly June.

The box was made using the brightest papers I could find in an attempt to inject some artificial sunshine into her day.  It was filled with mini rolls of Mentos sweets and I re-covered the outside of them with matching papers; alas, I forgot to photograph the final result.


For an excellent tutorial and instructions on making this box, go here where you will find a link to the legendary Dawn. A final version of her box was posted on her blog, 8 June 2012.


You will immediately notice that Dawn's box was constructed using coffee coloured papers - very elegant indeed.  This box was made using bright colours to detract from the miserable weather we have been experiencing lately.



"Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth,
for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk
beside the fire: it is the time for home."
Edith Stillwell


No comments:

Post a Comment