21 August 2012

Cake Pops

In my eagerness to make a bunch of Cake Pops for a recent social event, I by-passed the step in the recipe where it stated that I make my own cake and a batch of icing, and headed straight over to the local (whisper) supermarket and bought a ready-made mudcake.  "Oh for shame"!!, yes, yes, I know all that.

Some shameless advertising in the left foreground

This is one of those recipes where "you won't believe it unless you try it" kind of moment happens.  A culinary leap of faith must be taken.  Basically, by mushing the cake and icing together, you form a slightly sticky goo that will hold its shape in a ball.  M-mmmm.  Have I got your attention yet?  Didn't think so.  Read on . . .

Using melted chocolate for "cementing" purposes, dip the end of the pop stick into the melted chocolate and impale the chocolate ball.  Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to set hard.

Then dip the whole thing into more melted chocolate. 

Trust me, this was a big hit at a recent crafting afternoon.

Give it a go - the results are both pleasing to the eye and the tastebuds, despite my inept descriptions and clumsy attempts to entice you.

No comments:

Post a Comment