08 July 2012

A Hug and A Kiss . . .

. . . to say "thanks" Michelle -  for thinking of me.


This notion of layering up numerous elements has been around for many years, but I have only just gained the confidence to tackle it.  Well, do you think I have done it justice?

Here are some of my elements.

The base card.  A white A5 card folded in half.
Then a small ink pad (espresso) was dragged across it.

A newspaper print out and more espresso ink.
Stitch on some peacock feather paper and dotty ribbon.
Distress all edges of both these papers with an Edge Distresser.

Ink up a "thanks" stamp and place it onto the bottom left hand corner.

Run some torn paper through a corrugating machine.
Cut some pinkish webbing about the same size.
Cut out three flowers, scrunch, ink and layer up.
Cut out two hearts and distress.
Thread up a coordinating button with kitchen twine.


It is now ready to pass on to my thoughtful friend. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment