16 May 2012

Silly String Soap

The latest creation in the Papier and Cakes household has been dubbed "Silly String" Soap by Tom Papier.  This is due to its obvious elastic properties when trying to pump it out of the dispenser; it would seem that I need to refine my recipe?

soap dispenser courtesy of Bed Bath 'n' Table

If you click here or on the Pinterest link here on the blog, you will see on my Sparkle Larkle Board a link for making your own Homemade Liquid Handsoap.  This is the recipe that I used for my experiment.  I also added a few drops of essential oil to my final product.


Whilst it wasn't hard at all to make the soap, the quantities were vague in hindsight.  "Grate one bar of soap and add 2 cups of water, cook until dissolved and place in jars until cool."  When you think about it, a "bar" can come in many sizes.  I ended up adding another 2 cups of water.  Now I don't know if I added too much or not enough!!  Never mind, it still works and it made over 1 litre of soap, brilliant value from just one bar of soap.  Needless to say I won't be making more for a while yet.
 
Thursday, 10 April, 2013
As a postscript to this post, I thought
you should know that I have removed this recipe from my Pinterest board as it really didn't impress me.  The economics, yes definitely.  But the final product, alas "no".  I did try another technique that used Glycerine as extra ingredient but my reaction to this was simarlarly lukewarm.


Do you have a more specific recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment