07 October 2011

Water Falls Again

Coming from a largish family (one of five children) I have nieces and nephews in abundance.  I even have three great nephews!!

One of my said nieces turned 18 in August and to mark the occasion I made for her this card - designed in the waterfall style.  This time instead of operating the card by pulling it downwards, I decided to try pulling it out from the side.  I am quite happy with the end result.

At the risk of sounding parsimonious, the beauty of the Waterfall card is that small pieces of unused scrap booking paper can be utilised in the actual waterfall.  The squares usually measure 5cm x 5cm.



Decorative eyelets can also be a feature of the cards.  Here purple spades have been used to anchor the base of the waterfall.

A purple present has also been used to hold the ribbons in place.  As well as being decorative, this also serves a practical purpose.  The eyelet reinforces the card and stops it from tearing when the card is being pulled.
Whilst you cannot embellish the waterfall squares themselves - they can "catch" if there is too much bulk on the card - you can decorate the actual card with whatever you like.  Obviously my niece is called Emily.



In hindsight, I should have used blue cardboard for the base of my waterfall, instead of the white - it makes the card look a little bit stark.

My family, who were all present at the birthday celebrations were most impressed with my creation.



What have you "impressed" the neighbours with lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment