08 December 2010

Cookies in a Jar

My Famous Cookies in a Jar is the name on the label that you can see here in the photo.  This will be the next gift for my recipient in our work Kris Kringle.

The jar is capped with an inverted cupcake patty pan
Inside this jar are layers of ingredients for a cookie dough (butter, an egg and some vanilla will still need to be added) that produces cookies that are simply delicious to eat.  Also the gift is simply beautiful to look at and receive - even if I do say so myself.  Although I cannot claim any originality as the idea was taken from a Taste magazine, last year.

As a family we churned out over fifteen of these last year as gifts for my nieces and nephews at Christmas time.  During the course of the following weeks, we got many text messages and emails about how much they enjoyed making the cookies and how delicious they tasted.


Last year we came upon this recipe during December and did not have sufficient time to collect the number of jars required for the whole gang (the jar used in my KK previously held passata), so instead I begged my local supermarket for 20+ Star Studded Cellophane bags that they were using for packaging bottles of bubbly.  The overall effect was fantastic, however, the cellophane bags' contents are prone to moving around and so the final striped effect can be a little misshapen - jars are definitely better.


Do you mass produce anything this time of year?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great present.

    I'm mass producing Christmas angels!

    ReplyDelete